PNPS Chess Challenge
20 May 2023
EC Academy Students
The ultimate chess challenge for primary school kids born in 2010 or later.
Join the Fun!
- Do you want your child to test their chess skills, make friends and grow their mind?
- Then sign them up for our chess tournament!
- Up to 80 players ONLY, register today whilst there’s still space!
What your child should get out of this experience:
- Play chess in a competitive setting and stand a chance to win a medal!
- Interact with like-minded kids and make friends!
- Have fun while developing their minds in the ultimate chess challenge!
- Date: Saturday, 20th May 2023
- Venue: PNPS, Pinelands, WC 7700
- Cost: R120 for both U/13 and U/10 sections.
- Time: 9:00 am Round 1 begins; 4:00 pm Prize-giving
- Breaks: There are short breaks (5 – 10mins) between rounds.
- This tournament is a ‘Swiss’ competition (approximately 6 rounds).
- This means that all players play 6 games and no-one is ‘knocked out’ of the tournament.
- The tournament is restricted to players 13 years of age and younger.
- The time limit is 25 minutes per player for the entire game.
- An additional 5 seconds will be added to the clock after every move.
- This tournament will not be rated by Chess South Africa.
- Medals and chess books will be given for 1st Place, 2nd Place & 3rd Place in both U/13 and U/10 sections.
- Best female player wins a medal in both U/13 and U/10 sections.
- All players will be emailed a participation chess certificate from Elite Chess Academy, signed by National Chess Instructor Dione Goredema!
100+ Happy Students, Parents, Teachers, and Schools
It was a tough tournament and I had to work hard to get into the next round. But I could not have done it without Coach Dione!!
I really enjoyed the tournament. It was challenging at times, but in the end, the hard work and motivation from coach helped me achieve my goal.
Despite all the challenging opponents and little time, I still managed to achieve my goal.