The EC Chess Challengers Championship is an exciting chess tournament bringing together top players in different age categories. Participants will showcase their skills, compete for prizes, and enjoy a day filled with strategic moves and friendly competition.
- Date: 2 December 2023
- Time: 09:00am Round 1 begins; 4:00pm Prize-giving
- Venue: PNPS, Richmond Ave, Pinelands, 7405
- Entry Fee: R200
- This tournament is a ‘Swiss’ competition (approximately 6 rounds).
- This means that all players play 6 games and no-one is ‘knocked out’ of the tournament.
- The tournament is restricted to players under 13 years of age.
- The time limit is 30 minutes per player for the entire game.
- This tournament will be RATED by Chess South Africa.
- Cash Prizes: 1st Place – R1200, 2nd Place – R1000, 3rd Place – R800 in both U/13 and U/10 sections.
- Mystery prizes will be up for grabs for all top 3 players in both sections.
- All participants will be emailed a participation chess certificate from Elite Chess Academy, signed by National Chess Instructor Dione Goredema!
For any enquiries, contact Elite Chess Academy via WhatsApp: https://wa.me/message/S6NAU7WLR45QC1